Logistics and Operations Planner
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add an experienced Logistics & Operations Planner to join our Operations team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Manager, Inventory Control, the Operations Planner/Logistics is responsible for coordinating the logistics of our products, maintaining inventory for our main and customer warehouses and various other supply chain-related tasks. In this role, you’ll work closely with our with Product Development, Supply Chain, and Manufacturing and Services teams to ensure our supply chain process is smooth and streamlined throughout.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “Logistics & Operations Planner”.
- Order and schedule the procurement of materials to ensure FS inventory levels are maintained, expediting orders when necessary.
- Prepare shipments for local clients as required (packaging, crating, palletizing) and verify it against sales order and shipping documentation (labelling, incoming, and outgoing parts).
- Receiving and entering packages into our inventory management system (Microsoft Dynamics).
- Coordinate, and arrange inbound and outbound freight for finished goods and other good movements.
- Partnering with transportation carriers to ensure all necessary information is updated to have shipments depart and arrive on time.
- Problem-solving to resolve day-to-day carrier, vendor, purchasing and warehousing complications as applicable.
- Collaborating with domestic or overseas vendors to identify opportunities to reduce supply lead time and improve on-time shipments.
- Leading or participating in resolution in regard to product availability/loading, carrier, customs clearance, warehouses, and deliveries.
- Documenting and tracking service details and operational challenges.
- Assist Global Supply Chain Team during high periods of demand.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- Bachelor’s degree: preferably in Administration, Supply Chain, Operations, or other relevant fields; a diploma in Supply Chain Management is considered an asset but not required.
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel internationally as required with a Valid Passport.
- 4+ years of experience in inventory planning and logistics for a product development company, working with quality control systems, procurement, shop orders, deviations and other manufacturing processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to inform at all levels of the organization and with external suppliers.
- Ability to work autonomously under pressure, without requiring direct supervision.
- Flexibility to ensure results in the face of changing scenarios and priorities
- Strong organizational and multi-task management skills
- Collaborative and an ability to work with remote, heterogeneous and dynamic teams.
- Experience working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.