Human Resources Business Partner
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to an important problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add a Human Resource Business Partner to our HR team! This role will be a hybrid role and will be required to work at our office in Vancouver a few days a week and then remotely other days. Days in the office will depend on schedules/projects and could vary week to week.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Work with various client groups within the organization and provide advice and support on HR related inquires, issues or concerns.
- Conduct full cycle recruitment for assigned client groups including developing job descriptions, phone screens, interview scheduling, references and offer letters.
- Support strategic talent planning and pipeline building by working with select organizations and universities.
- Assist with the development, training and ongoing support of HR programs and initiatives such as performance management, compensation, benefits etc.
- Support the onboarding and off boarding process by organizing paperwork, new hire documentation, organizing orientation and training with managers, assisting with first day orientations, exit interviews etc.
- Maintain HR files by entering information into our HR database accurately and creating and updating our HR metrics reporting.
- Support the implementation and ongoing maintenance of an HRIS system.
- Continuously drives improvements in processes and policies through external market trends and local employment law legislation changes.
- Work closely with our Marketing and Communications team to support our employer branding internally and externally.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
- Human Resources Diploma and/or Business Management Degree or equivalent would be required.
- 2-4 years’ experience or a combination of education and experience in HR administration or recruiting.
- Previous experience working in a technology environment is preferred. Previous experience in the mining industry would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Previous experience in working with a Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) would be beneficial.
WHY IS THIS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.