Technical Sales Engineer (LATAM)
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before. This provides the ability to better differentiate ore from waste to significantly improve decision making at the front end of the mining process. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of the mine operations.
We are looking for a TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER to be the technical expert working closely with our Business Development team. This role can be located in either Santiago, Chile or Lima, Peru. The role reports to the CTO and has responsibilities that include the following:
Development of Value Models:
• Value Models define the use cases for the mining operations and the benefits that the MineSense solutions can provide. They have a general framework, but often require some degree of customization and subsequent validation. They are not intended to be at the detail of more formal block modeling / extraction solutions, however, they are meant to directionally capture the majority of the value generation.
• Evaluate the ore body characteristics, extraction methods and downstream processing from technical reports produced by the client, presentations, insights from meetings, etc.
• Work with the value model template, create a MineSense Value Model for the mine’s operations that incorporates site specific key inputs.
• Conduct off-line simulations to assess the relevant sensitivities.
• Advance the model to incorporate additional features ranging from block model grade distributions to pit shell models and secondary benefits such as impurities management.
• Provide support to the Business Development team in presenting the Value Model to the client.
• Work with technical personnel on the client side to identify the key assumptions used in the model. The technical personnel includes geologists, mining engineers, mine planners, grade control engineers, drilling/blasting engineers, mineral processors, process metallurgists, etc.
• Understand the end to end mining value drivers to be able to communicate and exchange ideas with the customer.
• Actively participate and potentially direct activities with the mining sites from Amenability Testing, Pilot Trials and Commercial Trials.
• Degree in Geology/Geological Engineering, Mining Engineering, Mineral Processing, Metallurgical Engineering, or equivalent.
• Understand the South American Mining industry and region.
• Experience working in mine design and/or mine planning.
• Ability to understand technical challenges as it relates to ore body characterization and mineralogy.
• Proven ability to collect and research mining information (i.e. research clients, understand their main business drivers for a given mining operation).
• Previous experience working with customers and proven ability to work with technical people and both the site and at the corporate level.
• Previous experience working with a business development team and being the technical sales expert.
Additional & Soft Skills:
• English plus Spanish/Portuguese is required.
• Excellent people skills including time management and organization skills.
• Strong modeling skills with the ability to manipulate spreadsheets with various types of formulas, pivot tables, etc.
• Proven ability to work under stressful work conditions and can demonstrate good problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work with other cultures globally.
• Flexible attitude and must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
• Must be able to travel to the customer’s work site and follow their site operation and safety procedures. Travel time is estimated to be approximately 25%
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those are qualified and eligible to accept employment in LATAM WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.