Technical Writer – Field Services
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum… MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to an important problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology creates new Revenue for mines to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations. In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team! As a result of our growth, we are looking to add an experienced Technical Writer to our team on a contract basis (approximately 3 – 6 months). In this role you will work closely with Field Services, Engineering and QA to understand and to produce external documentation for our products.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Creation and management of customer-focused documentation including installation guides, troubleshooting procedures, and other technical manuals for both internal and external use.
- Processing and documenting technical content provided by our Product Development teams.
- Applying clear and concise language to explain complex product information.
- Writing user-friendly, adaptable content that meets the dynamic needs of the target audience.
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure the continued accuracy of information.
- Evaluating existing content and update for quality and consistency.
- Working with Marketing & Communications to standardize templates, style guides, and release processes.
- Organization and distribution of bespoke documentation packages for unique clients.
- Working with translators to localize content.
- Other projects as assigned.
- 2-3 years of technical writing experience
- Experience defining templates, writing guidelines, and following content development workflow practices.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable via text, videos, and pictures.
- Ability to adapt content rapidly for a quickly developing product.
- Self-motivated and focused with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to continuously prioritize in a rapidly changing environment and the flexibility to work independently as a solid, positive, and reliable team member with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English. Spanish speaking and written communication skills are considered a great asset.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to edit content for clarity, consistency, cohesion, accuracy, quality for the intended audience.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization.
Nice to have:
- A background in/or understanding of the mining industry would be considered an asset.