Technical Document Controller
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add a full-time Technical Document Controller to our Field Services team in Vancouver, British Columbia. Reporting to the Team Lead, Field Services Support, this role is responsible for working closely with our Field Services, Engineering and QA departments to produce accurate and detailed technical documentation for our products. An ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions.
- Controlling the standardization, editing, release, and maintenance of customer-focused documentation including installation guides, troubleshooting procedures, and other technical manuals for both internal and external use.
- Processing and documenting technical content provided by our Product Development teams.
- Applying clear and concise language to explain complex product information.
- Writing user-friendly, adaptable content that meets the dynamic needs of the target audience.
- Working closely with multidisciplinary product teams to ensure documents keep up with product changes.
- Evaluating existing content and update for quality and consistency.
- Organization and distribution of bespoke documentation packages for unique clients.
- Working with translators to localize content.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- 2-3 years of Technical Writing Experience.
- A background in, or understanding of the mining industry is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Spanish speaking and written communication skills are considered a great asset.
- Experience defining templates, writing guidelines and following content development workflows.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable via text, videos and pictures.
- Self-motivated and focused with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to continuously prioritize in a rapidly changing environment and the flexibility to work independently as a solid, positive, and reliable team member with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to edit content for clarity, consistency, cohesion, accuracy, and quality for the intended audience.
- Experience working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.