Sustainability Metrics Analyst – Vancouver, Canada
Sustainability Metrics Analyst – Vancouver, B.C. Canada
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced Sustainability Metrics Analyst to our Sustainability team in Vancouver, B.C.. Reporting to the VP, Sustainability and Partners, the Sustainability Metrics Analyst is responsible for developing the models and visualization tools that prove how MineSense’s pioneering technology not only increases production of ore and defines waste, but in doing so supports delivery of our customers and the mining industry’s sustainability goals, decreases carbon intensity and increases operational efficiencies . An ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “Sustainability Metrics Analyst”.
- Performs targeted literature reviews to identify and summarize model inputs and methodology used in mining technology impact on operations assessments.
- Develops data collection tools to perform emission analytics for our impact metrics.
- Develop strategies and models to measure our technologies circular impact on the mine, mill, waste, tailings and smelter life cycle, including leading model conceptualization, programming, analysis, and validation with guidance from VP Sustainability and Partner.
- Lead creation of deliverables to measure the impacts our current and in development technology has on our customers mining sites with support and guidance from MineSense subject matter experts (SME) throughout our All Team.
- With guidance on content from VP Sustainability:
- Prepare presentation materials customer update meetings.
- Develop tasks, task descriptions, task leads, and timelines for model development.
- Present metrics and findings to Customers and members of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- 2 to 7 years' experience in mining, economics, econometrics and outcomes research.
- Degree in a subject related to mining, ESG, sustainability and econometric research.
- Be comfortable speaking with conviction on the materials and data you have created.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Python coding of benefit.
- Ability to communicate in English, knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Experience working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.