Software Support Analyst
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before. This provides the ability to better differentiate ore from waste to significantly improve decision making at the front end of the mining process. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of the mine operations.
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add a SOFTWARE SUPPORT ANALYST to join our Field Services team. In this role, you will support a software system that generates, processes and delivers rich sensor data from our systems installed in mines around the world to our cloud servers.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Troubleshooting software issues and escalating them as necessary
- Deploy software updates to customer sites
- Ensure all software services meet data quality requirements for our systems deployed in mines
- Prioritizing product support and client satisfaction
- Build tools and documentation for troubleshooting process improvements
- Completion of a Technical Certificate/Diploma
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Technical (Product) Support L2/L3 environment
- Must have experience with Linux operating systems and command-line interfaces
- Experience with scripting languages like shell scripting, Python etc.
- Experience with troubleshooting distributed software systems
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours with on-call availability to support our 24-hour service desk
Nice to haves:
- Demonstratable knowledge of networking fundamentals viz TCP/IP, VLANs, firewalls, network partitions etc. or CCNA/CCNP certifications
- Linux sysadmin experience
- Skills in programming and SQL database programming are an advantage
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com.
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.