Software Support Analyst - Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced Software Support Analyst to our Field Services team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Team Lead, Field Services Support, this role is responsible for supporting a software system that generates, processes and delivers rich sensor data from our systems installed in mines around the world to our cloud servers. An ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “Software Support Analyst”.
- Troubleshooting software issues and escalating them as necessary.
- Deploy software updates to customer sites.
- Ensure all software services meet data quality requirements for our systems deployed in mines.
- Prioritizing product support and client satisfaction.
- Build tools and documentation for troubleshooting process improvements.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Technical (Product) Support L2/L3 environment.
- Completion of a Technical Certificate/Diploma is considered an asset.
- Must have experience with Linux operating systems and command-line interfaces.
- Experience with scripting languages like shell scripting, Python etc.
- Experience with troubleshooting distributed software systems.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours with on-call availability to support our 24-hour service desk.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.