Software Developer - Full Stack - Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected, and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add a passionate and driven full stack Software Developer to our team in Vancouver, BC. In this role, you will develop new web applications and services that help MineSense automate and scale its operations to meet our ambitious growth objectives, while aligning with security best practices.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “Software Developer”.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Design and develop client and server-side architecture for web interfaces
- Build functional and appealing front-end applications
- Develop and maintain databases and applications
- Enhance security communication/encryption within new and existing software
- Build applications and features to scale-up MineSense operations
- Develop software APIs and middleware for third party integrations
- Develop tests to ensure quality and delivery of customer requirements
- Write technical documentation
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in web development
- Experience in front-end development using React or similar (React, Angular, etc...)
- Experience in back-end development using Python or similar (Django, Flask, ExpressJS, etc...)
- Sound understanding of security protocols like TLS, certificates, etc
- Knowledge of database design and operations is considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams
- Health & Safety conscious individual
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.