Senior Geologist / Geophysicist / Mine Engineer
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to deliver critical information to mining companies that has never been available before. This provides them with the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mine face, improving decision accuracy at the front end of the mining process, with major economic and environmental follow-on benefits across the mining value chain. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the fully “Digital Mine”. MineSense technology dramatically boosts mine profitability and significantly benefits sustainability, thanks to more accurate processing decisions that directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
We are looking to add an experienced senior geologist, geophysicist or mine engineer with a passion for data analysis to our GeoScience team. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest and proven knack for detailed data analysis and statistics. In-mine grade control experience is preferred, but not essential. You will work with our Canadian and international clients to incorporate MineSense solutions into their ore control processes. You are a natural leader. You will help develop the vision of how to integrate MineSense products in various mine operations globally. You will work closely with our Field Services, Data Science and Product Development teams to realize this vision. As you become an expert with the MineSense systems, this role will evolve to leading a team of geoscientists and mine engineers. If you enjoy working with data, collaborating with multidisciplinary groups, and have a mining, geology or geophysics background, we want to hear from you!
THE ROLE will include (but not be limited) to the following:
- Helping new and existing clients leverage MineSense technology in their grade control processes.
- Establishing best practice for building and evaluating models through close cooperation with other subject matter expert areas in the business.
- Working with the Geo- and Data Science teams to develop ore grade prediction models by correlating mine grade measurements or estimates with our sensor results to identify patterns, trends or other data features that relate to grade, texture, mineralogy, or lithology.
- Working with the Product Development team to further enhance our products and services through system data analysis and data QAQC.
- Determining and tracking data model accuracy and precision through comparison with sampled assay grades or grade estimates and reporting results to internal teams as well as external clients.
- Developing a standard framework to uncover the value and use cases that MineSense systems offer to clients.
- Standardizing the reports and presentations that GeoScience offers to clients to detail the performance and the benefits of MineSense solutions at their operations.
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with our clients.
- Leading a team of GeoScientists and Mine Engineers, once sufficiently experienced with how MineSense technology fits in withing Grade Engineering processes at mines.
Skills & Experience
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Earth Sciences, Geostatistics, Mining Engineering, Data Analytics, or a related field.
- 6+ years’ work experience performing statistical analysis and/or data science in a professional work setting.
- Hands-on experience at a mine in an ore/grade control role developing or working with ore control models preferred or in-depth knowledge of these processes as a minimum requirement.
- Experience with data analysis tools such as python or other statistical packages.
- Experience with SQL is beneficial, but not required.
- Experience and passion for solving analytical problems involving diverse data sets using quantitative approaches to generate insights.
- Experience leading a team is beneficial.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and an interest in problem solving.
- Spanish language skills a definite asset given our work in South America.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense is at the cutting edge of combining geoscience and data science to solve key issues facing the mining industry today. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial controls, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, and so you will be deeply immersed in leveraging the latest technology and machine learning approaches within a mine setting, and will develop a highly valuable skillset as a result.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those that are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.