Shipper Receiver FTE (2nd Shift)
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before. This provides the ability to better differentiate ore from waste to significantly improve decision making at the front end of the mining process. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of the mine operations.
Working with initiative and independence, the Shipper/Receiver will be responsible for providing support to Material Handling and Inventory Management activities on our SECOND SHIFT (Monday to Friday, 3:00pm – 11:00pm). In addition to maintaining warehouse organization, he/she is also responsible to coordinate support on facilities activities and upkeep of a safe working environment. The successful incumbent is a team player who can support afterhours facilities management as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Maintain the warehouse to ensure tidiness and efficient organization. Perform cycle counts.
- Support the physical receipt of material and components in the warehouse and in our system
- Prepare shipments for customer as required (packaging, crating, palletizing) and verifying it against sales order and shipping documentation (labelling, incoming & outgoing parts).
- Maintain shipping area and inventory of shipping supplies.
- Timely support on facilities activities (Load/unload, inspect, record shortages/damages)
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Minimal of 2 years Shipping/Receiving experience. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience in crating and packaging, use of pneumatic tools an asset.
- Current Certificate in Occupational First Aid Level 1, Valid BC Driver’s License (Class 5)
- Valid Forklift License or ability to obtain within the first week of hiring. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Basic plumbing, electrical, painting and drywall experience for undertaking minor repairs and building maintenance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications
WHY IS THIS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.