Senior Payroll and Benefits Specialist (North America) - Vancouver, BC
Senior Payroll and Benefits Specialist (North America)
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced Senior Payroll and Benefits Specialist (NA) to our Finance team in Vancouver, British Columbia. Reporting to the Controller, this hybrid role is responsible for overseeing and executing the strategy for the company’s payroll function. This individual will act as a subject matter expert for all payroll and benefits related inquiries at MineSense.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “Senior Payroll and Benefits Specialist”.
- Reviews, analyzes and processes semi-monthly payroll for both Canadian and US operations.
- Completes monthly reconciliation and administrative tasks for international payroll.
- Manages system enrollment for new employees and audits/adjusts existing employees as needed. Ensures departing employees are paid accurately and within regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to review and authorize payroll related transactions or data adjustments, including salary/wage changes, balance corrections (vacation/leave), and more.
- Manages year end payroll reporting, such as T4’s, W2 etc.
- Manages system reconciliation for payroll and vacation for company operations.
- Completes payroll calculations for salaried and hourly employees, including overtime & statutory pay.
- Completes and files WorkSafe related payroll forms/tax returns.
- Acts within company policy when handling payroll, benefits, and leave related inquiries.
- Reviewing and confirming eligibility for enrollment into company benefits plans, including but not limited to Group Retirement Savings, 401k, and applicable health plans (Canada & USA).
- Compiles financial payroll and tax reports for the purpose of internal review and external audit.
- Ensure the company remains fully compliant with all payroll regulations and employment standards. Actively follows and incorporates payroll regulation changes.
- Acts as a subject matter expert and liaison for payroll – organizes and conducts training sessions for existing and new staff as required.
- Coordinates and interacts with federal, provincial, and state (US) entities on special inquiries related to employee payroll & compensation.
- Works alongside finance team to accurately respond to any inquiries related to stock options, and assists with administering stock options as required.
- Assist with upcoming HRIS implementation (UKG)
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent field is required.
- 5 or more years of experience processing payroll for medium to large size companies (150+ people).
- PCP designation required, accounting designation is an asset.
- Experienced with payroll systems, specifically Rise Payroll or Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG).
- Experience with United States & International payroll is a strong asset.
- Experience in options management is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with HRIS implementation a definite asset.
- Experienced in preparing detailed payroll reports.
- Excellent verbal communication and relationship management skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Experience working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.