Senior Mechanical Engineer - Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to an important problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel our commercialization strategy, we are looking to add a Senior Mechanical Engineer to our team. You will be working with multi discipline engineers and cross functional groups on product design, development, and manufacture. Along with product development, you will perform research and development of new technologies and products that can be implemented in future products.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for leading and/or working with Junior/Intermediate Engineers and collaborating with other design team members to create drawings, change and/or create 3D parametric models and assemblies with SolidWorks, perform engineering changes, and develop & maintain BOMs to achieve project goals.
- Design new, and/or redesign existing machines, equipment or systems considering cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, and impact on the user and on the environment.
- Test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components, and systems and review the other engineers in the same area.
- Review and evaluate mechanical designs created by other team members to ensure adherence to design standards, specifications, and industry best practices.
- Coordinate with vendors and clients to provide timely resolution of design and performance issues.
- Supervision, commissioning, installation, maintenance, and inspection of our equipment at our clients’ facilities around the world.
- Periodic travel possible including oversees travel (up to 10%).
Relevant skills & experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (or related fields) with minimum of 10 years of experience in a product development environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to identify potential failure points and develop robust solutions for reliable performance in challenging conditions.
- Proficient in performing design analysis and simulations, taking into account the unique challenges posed by harsh environments.
- Experience in vibration analysis, design for vibration damping a, dynamic FEA.
- Demonstrated ability to run tests, including instrumentation, data collection and analysis, and correlation with analytical results.
- Experience in performing comprehensive testing and design validation to ensure product performance, durability, and reliability, especially in challenging or harsh environments.
- Extensive knowledge of design principles, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Strong proficiency in CAD software (e.g., SolidWorks) and other relevant engineering tools.
- Proven experience in reviewing and evaluating mechanical designs for various products.
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
Nice to have’s:
- Experience using materials that are subjected to harsh environmental abrasion and/or impacts.
- Demonstrated ability in GD&T, DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Experienced in design for mining, oil & gas, or similar industries.
Why is this a good opportunity for you?
This role provides a platform for further advancing your career in product development. You'll have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects and collaborate with a talented team, expanding your skill set and expertise. Joining our team means being part of a company that values innovation and aims to make a difference in the industry. You will have the chance to contribute to the development of products that solve real-world challenges and have a positive impact on people's lives. Our company fosters a dynamic and inclusive work culture, where diverse perspectives and ideas are encouraged. You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, project managers, manufacturing experts, scientists, geologist, and data analyst fostering personal and professional growth through collective expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com. Please forward your resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
MineSense is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment or hiring process, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance. Information received related to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Irrespective of whether you meet the requirements or not, we extend a warm invitation for you to apply.