Senior Mechanical Engineer
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to our Mechanical team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Director, Mechanical, the Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for working with multi discipline engineers and cross functional groups on product design, development, and manufacture. Along with product development, you will perform research and development of new technologies and products that can be implemented in future products. An ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER”.
- Lead the design/redesign of new and/or existing machines, equipment or systems considering cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, and impact on the user and on the environment and review the other engineers’ in the same area.
- Create or change 3D models and detail drawings, and assemblies with SolidWorks, perform engineering changes, and develop & maintain BOMs to achieve project goals.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of components and assemblies to determine best practices and review the other engineers’ in the same area.
- Test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components, and systems and review the other engineers’ in the same area.
- Supervision, commissioning, installation, maintenance, and inspection of our equipment at our clients’ facilities around the world.
- Coordinate with vendors and clients to provide timely resolution of design and performance issues.
- Periodic travel possible including oversees travel (up to 20%).
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (Masters or PHD preferred) combined with 7 -10 years of directly related experience in a product development environment.
- Experience in leading the design and/or redesign process for equipment.
- Product design experience with SolidWorks. Other industry-recognized computer-assisted design/drafting software experience will be considered.
- Experience designing products for an industrial environment.
- Able to take product and project requirements and translate them into engineering requirements/specifications and deliverables.
- Experience in vibration analysis and design for vibration damping.
- Experience in thermal analysis of enclosed power electronics system and familiarity with different methods of managing heat transfer (natural convection, forced-air cooling, water-cooling, etc.) as well as performing CFD analysis
- Demonstrated ability to run test, including instrumentation, data collection and analysis, and correlation with analytical results.
- Experienced in static and dynamic FEA.
- Knowledgeable on material selection for end products.
- Knowledge of BOM’s, change orders and ERP/MRP systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.