We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum...
MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to an important problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking for an accounting professional to join our team! This is an excellent opportunity for a SENIOR ACCOUNTANT who wants to work with a growing technology company and be exposed to many different aspects of accounting. We are a small but mighty team and our ideal candidate must be prepared to roll up their sleeves and help us move forward. Reporting to the Controller, the senior Accountant will be responsible for the daily accounting activities and provide support in our IFRS compliant environment.
The role will evolve with more complex challenges, projects and initiatives over time as our company and team continues to expand. The senior Accountant will also be exposed to global accounting practices, principles and other business rules and regulations.
Responsible for accounting practices within our Canadian and foreign entities that includes (but not limited to):
- Oversee bank payments and process reconciliations, AP, AR and intercompany accounts, collections and procurement. Assist in AP/AR when necessary.
- Process inventory reconciliation and variance analysis
- Manage and maintain capital asset schedule including amortization including self-assess PST
- Oversee payroll processing, manage timesheets and prepare payroll entry
- Calculate and process accruals and other month end entries
- Assist in the preparation of the month end working papers and reports for month end close
- Produce documents and prepare payments required for custom clearance of shipments; Prepare associated entries for transactions
- Manage timely remittances and reporting to ensure we meet our statutory compliance responsibilities including GST, PST, EHT and WorkSafe BC.
- Promote financial controls and procedures, suggest improvements, raise concerns and document processes and procedures.
- Assess and investigate transactions, process results and pursue causes. Maintain documentation, files, audit trails and ensure we have appropriate authorizations and backup; ensure we have documented ability to find information or records easily.
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules and other internal/external financial reports.
- Any other ad hoc projects and duties as required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A Diploma/Degree in Accounting or related field or the equivalent experience.
- CPA or working towards your CPA.
- At least 5+ years of related experience in a mid to large technology-based company.
- Prior inventory management, manufacturing (an asset) along with payroll experience.
- Proficient with Accounting and Expense Software System preferably Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central and Concur expense management.
- Proficient with Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables) and has a desire to improve these skills.
- Excellent reconciliation skills with a demonstrated ability to find outliers and identify paths to resolution.
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy and strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Able to manage time effectively and shift priorities during busy periods.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to connect with people.
- Highly level of professionalism with the ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
Nice to have:
- Fluent in Spanish. We have subsidiaries in South America and this would be helpful.
- Experience in multi-company, multi-currency environment.
- Background in the tech or mining industry.
- Experience with customs and duty, duty drawbacks and related support.
- Previous experience in Project Costing
WHY IS THIS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.