Health and Safety Specialist – Part-Time
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before. This provides the ability to better differentiate ore from waste to significantly improve decision making at the front end of the mining process. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of the mine operations.
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add a part-time Health and Safety Specialist (3 days a week) to our Operations team. The role will initially be a contract with a possibility to move to a full-time permanent role. The successful incumbent will be supporting health and safety projects at our Vancouver location and global sites.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Conduct and update Risk Assessments and complete Job Safety Analysis
- Review work environment and labs to identify current and potential hazards, and identify hazards associated with the operations of various program equipment
- Lead injury investigations and near misses and track corrective actions to completion.
- Perform weekly and monthly health and safety inspection
- Update Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Develop actions plans to comply with safety procedures and mitigate risk hazards
- Lead in developing health and safety documentation to comply with regulatory requirements (OSHA, NFPA, ANSI), and confined space evaluations
- Coordinate, attend and participate in Health and Safety Meetings
- Lead in developing safety training, delivering and/or facilitating safety-related training to employees
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree studying Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience working in occupational health and safety field, preferably in a mining or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to safely and be an advocate for proactive safe behaviors
- Good knowledge and understanding of OSHA Standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
WHY IS THIS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.