South American HR Consultant – Part Time
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to an important problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add an experienced Human Resources Consultant for our South American Operations. Initially working 10-20 hours per week, this impactful role will help build out the MineSense South American HR policies and programs. Ideally this role will be based in Santiago, Chile.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (will include but not limited) to the following:
Working jointly with the Human Resource Manager and the Executive team, develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives.
- Culture: Ensure all HR programs are aligned with the company culture, values and goals.
- Employee Relations: Work as a trusted business partner to Managers and Leaders.
- Performance Management: Support the annual performance review that includes coaching, regular employee feedback sessions, one on ones with managers, etc.
- Policy development: Create, develop and maintain the South American policies and procedures (i.e. employee handbook updates)
- Recruitment: Support the hiring of South American employees including job postings, interviews, offers and onboarding.
- Benefits: Find and implement supplemental health insurance in our South American countries.
- Health & Safety: Develop health & wellness programs, initiatives, and awareness.
- Other HR projects as assigned.
- 7+ years progressive SENIOR HR experience while working in a technology and/or mining industry would be beneficial.
- Human Resources Diploma and/or Business Management Degree or equivalent would be required.
- Previous experience with scaling up and high growth organizations. Demonstrated strategic capability while hands on in execution of HR programs and initiatives.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development.
- Employment law knowledge in Peru and Brazil (in addition to Chile) would be extremely beneficial.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Excellent Spanish written and oral communication skills.
- Great grasp of the English language (written and oral) is required.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to guide and lead.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the South American management team.
Why is this a good opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com. Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Chile WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.