We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced RELIABILITY ENGINEER to our Field Services team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting the Vice President, Field Services, this individual will play a critical role in establishing and continuously improving the reliability function at MineSense. The ideal candidate is organized, analytical and uses data driven decision making processes to improve our industry-changing products.
Establish a Reliability function within the organization
- Incorporate current reliability data and activities within the Data, Operations, Field Services, and Product Development Teams into a central, independent reliability function.
- Develop an internal reliability measurement tool/system with defined KPI’s and metrics.
- Collaborate cross functionally with MineSense team members from the Data, Operations, Field Services, and Product Development Teams in delivering these improvements
Report Reliability Statistics
- Gather, analyze and interpret product reliability data from manufacturing and functioning products in the field, through Root Cause Analysis assessments.
- Identify and report on potential failure and prediction analysis trends.
- Ensure company data is collected, cleaned, maintained, and required KPI’s are effectively reported and communicated throughout internal teams.
- Report high granularity data on individual components in collaboration with the Operations, Field Services, and Product Development teams.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities for collection and reporting of our reliability data.
- Provide feedback on the reliability metrics that should be used quarterly by our Field Services and Product Development teams.
Improve the Reliability of our Products
- Perform Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) / Preventive and Corrective Action System (PRACAS) / Failure Review Board (FRB), with the assistance of Product Development and Operations’ Engineers.
- Work with Field Services, Product Development, and Operations Engineers to improve the product based on findings which may include engineering-design, manufacturing, product quality, installation, and operational changes.
- A Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline is required. A Reliability Engineering or related qualification/certification would be an asset.
- Four (4)+ plus years of experience in Reliability or a related field within the mining industry, or on a mining industry related product including FRACAS / PRACAS / FRB.
- Experience with mean time to failure/replacement estimation and testing is beneficial.
- Ability to summarize large amounts of data into decision ready information.
- Ability to use analysis tools such as Excel, Analytica, Weibull++, etc.
- Python and /or experience with SQL would be advantageous.
- Strong organizational skills and a sense of urgency and ability to get things done.
- Creative and enthusiastic persona with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.