Product Development Lead
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add a driven Product Development Lead with experience in delivering new mechatronics products to market to our Product Development team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Vice President, Engineering, you will lead the agile development of product development engineering activities needed to drive our systems from pre-prototype to successful commercial operation. An ideal candidate will have experience in all phases of mechatronic products/systems and the ability to apply product/system engineering disciplines to each phase of the product life cycle.
We are a fast-moving agile team that makes product improvements frequently to deliver on our commitments to our customers, as well as deliver research-concept to new products at an accelerated pace.
- Own the product architecture through all phases of the product development cycle.
- Conduct working meetings with internal stakeholders and interfaces, as well as customers to complete the full definition of the product system. This includes the creation of concept through prototype and commercial product launch:
- System expectations and requirements.
- System architecture with definition of system interfaces and relevant subsystems within the Product Development (detailed), Data, Field Services and Manufacturing and Supply Chain Teams (high level milestones/handovers).
- Tied to new products/product revisions, develop the product development engineering plan/vision including interfaces, research and development activities, prototype development and manufacturing, testing and quality metrics, bill of materials development, establishment of component and system mean time to failure, and handover activities.
- Create and maintain issues and risk logs for the product in its development lifecycle.
- Find new opportunities between products, identify recovery approaches, and support the products as they progress through development, verification, and validation while ensuring design integrity and adherence with requirements.
- Work with our team to creatively resolve issues and remove roadblocks to the impossible.
- Work with customers to gain acceptance of our products and to capture changes in requirements. This communication may lead to patentable inventions concepts as well.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical, or mechatronic engineering with emphasis on systems engineering.
- At least 5-10 years of experience working as a Product/Systems Engineer on a complex system with previous engineering experience working in a product development environment.
- Proven visionary experience developing products, identifying opportunities to speed up development time, synergies between products/uses and create new processes for first to market products.
- Previous experience working in a scale-up organization setting up systems and processes would be beneficial.
- Ability to make timely technical recommendations and decisions after consultation with stakeholders (including customers).
- Strong relationship builder with excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams including product development, production/manufacturing, product optimization and procurement.
- Experience performing product engineering activities on complex electronic systems designs, especially for operation in harsh impact and weather environments, is an asset.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.