MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We have developed advanced sensing technology that provides mines with real-time ore body data that is used to optimize downstream sorting and processing decisions. Our solution is used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, to empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
We are looking to add an experienced Database Developer with DBA experience to our Data Engineering Team. The successful incumbent will help develop our Oracle based data platform by creating and managing database objects and developing PL/SQL packages, functions and procedures. There is also an opportunity to expand into Oracle APEX development, and/or to work with modern data pipeline tools. If you enjoy working with data and have database development experience and are looking to expand into a data engineering role, then we’d love to hear from you!
THE ROLE will include (but not limited) to the following:
- Participate in gathering requirements and turning them into solutions
- Developing and managing database objects
- Developing PL/SQL code primarily to support data pipelines and data science
- Working with our Vendor, help support our Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (“OCI”)
- Develop data pipelines using Python
- Work closely with the data science team to create queries, scripts, and reports to support ongoing data analysis
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or MIS. (Technical diploma also considered with demonstrated experience)
- 5+ years’ work experience developing database solutions (Ideally with Oracle)
- Experience writing SQL to generate data to support data analysts
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with ETL tools, developing data pipelines, and cloud platforms (Amazon, OCI, Azure, etc.)
- Ideally experience with Python and containerization tools such as Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Oracle APEX a big plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
This is a great opportunity to work with modern tools and cloud-based solutions to expand into a Data Engineering role, which is a very valuable skillset in today’s market. Given we are in the early stages of developing our cloud-based data platform, you will have the opportunity significantly influence the architecture and design of the platform. Rather than supporting legacy systems designed by someone who moved on long ago, this is an opportunity to “build it right” the first time and work with the latest data tools.
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.