New Sensors Development Lead
Minesense Technologies is commercializing an innovative and differentiated solution to an important problem faced by the natural resources industry which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing conveyor-based materials handling systems and equipment and has shown in pilot scale, the promise of greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. \
In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs smart people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. As a result, we are looking to add a NEW SENSORS DEVELOPMENT LEAD to our R&D team based in Vancouver, BC. This position will be reporting to our Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
Responsibilities Include (but not limited to:)
- Identify and evaluate new sensor technologies suitable for assessing ore quality at different mining operations e.g. LIBS, NIR, SWIR
- Using a range of ores already supplied by different mining companies, develop appropriate testing programs noting that the desired use case will have been identified by the Business Development team
- Work with the CTO to develop the strategy for new technology development and associated product roadmaps
- Identify opportunities and risks for incorporating these solutions into the company’s existing services and products. These include MineSense Technologies ShovelSense®, ScoopSense® and BeltSense® product lines
- Liaise with component vendors to build out the new solutions
- Work with the Product Development and Data Sciences team to integrate the new sensors into the existing product lines.
- Assess competitor technologies and make recommendations on additional technical solutions and options
- Represent the company at various technical conferences/events
- Interact with our technological partners including university research clusters, government funding organizations, research partners
Qualifications & Experience
- Holds a Masters or PhD in Engineering or Sciences (Physics, Geology, Chemistry)
- Experience working with sensing systems used in mineral characterization
- Demonstrated capabilities working in research and development organizations with preference given for geology or mining related activities
- Experience presenting technical papers at geological or mining related conferences
- Strong critical thinking skills and developing “outside the box” solutions
- Proven ability to work under stressful work conditions and can demonstrate good problem-solving abilities
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Must be willing to travel to a customer’s work site globally and follow their site operation and safety procedures. This could involve customer meetings and/or commercialization of new sensor solutions. Travel time is estimated to be less than 10%.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
First of all, you will be part of a growing company entering a dynamic commercialization phase with a vision of changing the mining industry. You will play a role in building sensing and sorting products that has demonstrated unprecedented sensitivity and capacity. Secondly, you are looking to invigorate your career by working with a multi-disciplinary team to develop, build, test, deploy and support sensor-based mineral telemetry and ore processing systems. Finally, you are someone who aspires to be a manager but can today act as a team leader who can also contribute and operate on his/her own initiative, working collaboratively with others within a team of professionals from various disciplines.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.