Mining Solutions Specialist - North America
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an Mining Solutions Specialist (MSS) to our Business Development team in North America. Ideally this role will be based in Tucson, Arizona or Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Executive VP, Business Development, the Mining Solutions Specialist is responsible for developing value models that define use cases for mining operations and the benefits that MineSense can provide. An ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions.
Development of Value Models
- Develop value models that define the use case for mining operations and evaluate benefits that MineSense solutions can provide.
- Evaluate the ore body characteristics, extraction methods and downstream processing from technical reports produced by the customer, presentations, insights from meetings, etc.
- Working with a value model template, create a MineSense Value Model for client operations that incorporates site specific key inputs.
- Conduct off-line simulations to assess relevant sensitivities.
- Improve value models to incorporate additional features ranging from block model grade distributions to pit shell models and secondary benefits such as impurities management.
- Create case studies of use cases in real time and aggregate tied to critical operational issues, sustainability performance and optimization of operations.
- As part of Business Development and Strategy teams, you will present the Value Model to the customers from mine operations through to C-suite.
- Work with technical personnel on the customer side to identify the key assumptions and data used in the Value Model. The technical personnel include geologists, mining engineers, mine planners, grade control engineers, drilling/blasting engineers, mineral processors, process metallurgists, etc.
- Support the customer in building their Business Case.
- Understand the end-to-end mining value drivers to be able to communicate and exchange ideas with the customer.
- Actively participate and potentially direct activities with the mining sites from Amenability Testing, Pilot Trials and Commercial Trials.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
Undergraduate education in Mining, Metallurgy, Geology, or a related field.
- 5-10 years’ experience within the North American Mining industry and region.
- At least 5 years operational experience in open pit mining (base metals) and related operations, including design, planning, and asset valuation.
- Ability to understand technical challenges as it relates to ore body characterization and mineralogy.
- Proven ability to collect and research mining information (i.e., research customers, understand their main business drivers for a given mining operation).
- Previous experience working with a customer facing business development team and proven ability to work with technical individuals and mining operations,
- Ability to communicate in English, knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including time management and organization.
- Strong modeling skills with the ability to manipulate spreadsheets with various types of formulas, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Proven ability to work under stressful work conditions and can demonstrate good problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in Microsoft 365.
- Experience with software such as Leapfrog, Vulcan, Mineplan, Datamine is an asset.
- Must be able to travel to the customer’s mine site and follow their site operation and safety procedures. Travel time is estimated to be approximately 25%.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in North America.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in North America WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.