Mining Engineer/Grade Control Geologist
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to deliver critical information to mining companies that has never been available before. This provides them with the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mine face, improving decision accuracy at the front end of the mining process, with major economic and environmental flow on benefits across the mining value chain. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology dramatically boosts mine profitability and significantly benefits sustainability, thanks to more accurate processing decisions that directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
We are looking to add a mining engineer or grade control geologist with a passion for data analysis to our global Data team. The role can be based out of Vancouver, but remote work will be considered for the right applicant. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in detailed data analysis, statistics and will be fluent in Spanish. In-mine grade control experience is strongly preferred. You will work with our Canadian and international clients to incorporate MineSense solutions into their ore control and production management processes and show them the value our system can bring at their site. You will interact with our Data Science team to develop and monitor grade control algorithms, as well as built out the digger efficiency optimization capability at MineSense. You will collaborate with our Field Services and Product Development teams to improve the performance of our system. If you enjoy working with data, collaborating with multidisciplinary groups, and have a mining or geology background, we want to hear from you!
THE ROLE will include (but not be limited) to the following:
- Help new and existing clients leverage MineSense technology in their grade control engineering processes, which includes authoring client facing reports and presentations
- Develop a MineSense product offering in the field of operational metric tracking and optimization
- Work with the Product Development team to further enhance our products and services through system data analysis and data QAQC
- Determine and track data model accuracy and precision through comparison with sampled assay grades, and report results to internal teams, as well as external clients
- Work closely with colleagues in the Data team to create queries, scripts, and reports, while ensuring data is well organized and maintained
- Uncover the Value and Use Cases MineSense systems offer to clients
- Build and maintain good working relationships with our clients
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, Earth Sciences or related field
- Hands-on experience at in-mine grade control or working with ore control models
- Spanish language skills a definite asset given our work in South America
- Work experience performing statistical analysis and/or Data Science in a professional work setting
- Experience with data analysis tools such as python or other statistical packages
- Experience with SQL is beneficial, but not required
- Experience and passion for solving analytical problems involving diverse data sets using quantitative approaches to generate insights
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and an interest in problem solving
WHY IS THIS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?MineSense is a leader in sustainable development in the mining industry, combining advanced sensing and data analytics to solve key environmental and economic challenges faced by mines today. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial controls, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You will be deeply immersed in leveraging the latest technology and machine learning approaches within a mine setting and will develop a highly valuable skillset as a result.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.