MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste rock at both the mining face and on conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, they empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
In order to scale and fuel our commercialization strategy, we are looking to add an intermediate Mechanical Engineer to our team. You will be working with multi discipline engineers and cross functional groups on product design, development and manufacture. Along with product development, you will perform research and development of new technologies and products that can be implemented in future products.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Design new, and/or redesign existing machines, equipment or systems taking into account cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, appearance and impact on the user and on the environment.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor mechanical aspects of production/prototype procurement, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Establish work control systems to ensure standards of performance, quality, cost and safety are met.
- Test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Develop & execute engineering requirements, DVP&Rs, Risk Registers & DFMEAs.
- Develop & maintain BOMs.
- Interface with vendors, suppliers, fabricators to execute procurement of parts.
- Create product launch documentation including assembly & manufacture procedures.
- Develop and implement department policies & procedures.
- Fabrication & assembly of prototypes and products as required.
Relevant skills & experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline combined with 3-5 years of directly related experience in a product development environment.
- Product design experience with SolidWorks. Other industry-recognized computer-assisted design/drafting software experience will be considered.
- Experience designing products for an industrial environment.
- Able to take product and project requirements and translate them into engineering requirements/specifications and deliverables.
- Demonstrated hands on fabrication, assembly and maintenance capability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
Nice to have’s:
- Experience designing pneumatic, hydraulic, and electromechanical systems.
- Experience using materials that are subjected to harsh environmental abrasion and/or impacts.
- Experience in enclosure designs and environmental seals.
- Experience performing thermal and structural analysis and modelling.
- Demonstrated ability in GD&T, DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, and Root Cause Analysis.
- Knowledgeable on material selection for end products.
- Experience designing tests, instrumenting test objects and executing tests.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.