Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste rock at both the mining face and on conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, they empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
In order to scale and fuel our commercialization strategy, we are looking to add an Intermediate Mechanical Engineer to our team. You will be working with multi discipline engineers and cross functional groups on product design, development, and manufacture. Along with product development, you will perform research and development of new technologies and products that can be implemented in future products.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE (but not limited to):
- Design new, and/or redesign existing machines, equipment or systems considering cost, availability of materials, strength and maintenance requirements, appearance, and impact on the user and on the environment.
- Develop, coordinate, and monitor mechanical aspects of production/prototype procurement, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Responsible for working directly with Lead Engineers and collaborating with other design team members to create drawings, change and/or create 3D parametric models and assemblies with SolidWorks and perform engineering changes to achieve project goals
- Create and review technical drawings regarding clarity, fit, views, dimensioning and conformance to company/ASME Y14.5M design and drawing standards
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) of components and assemblies to determine best practices
- Test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components, and systems.
- Develop & execute engineering requirements, DVP&Rs, Risk Registers & DFMEAs.
- Fabrication & assembly of prototypes and products as required.
- Periodic travel possible including oversees travel (up to 20%)
RELEVANT SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline combined with 3-7 years of directly related experience in a product development environment.
- Strong product design experience with SolidWorks. Other industry-recognized computer-assisted design/drafting software experience will be considered.
- Experience designing products for an industrial environment.
- Able to take product and project requirements and translate them into engineering requirements/specifications and deliverables.
- Experience in thermal analysis of enclosed power electronics system and familiarity with different methods of managing heat transfer (natural convection, forced-air cooling, water-cooling, etc.) as well as performing CFD analysis
- Demonstrated ability to run test, including instrumentation, data collection and analysis, and correlation with analytical results.
- Experienced in static and dynamic FEA.
- Good understanding in designing metal structures and platforms for mobile equipment.
- Knowledgeable on material selection for end products.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and capable of self-checking for completeness and accuracy of work produced.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, maintain high quality of work, and quickly learn new skills.
- Positive attitude, a can-do approach, and willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in as required.
- Demonstrated hands on fabrication, assembly, and maintenance capability.
NICE TO HAVE'S:
- Experience using materials that are subjected to harsh environmental abrasion and/or impacts.
- Experience in vibration analysis and design for vibration damping.
- Experience in enclosure designs and environmental seals.
- Experienced in design of mining buckets and dippers.
- Demonstrated ability in GD&T, DFMEAs, DVP&Rs, and Root Cause Analysis.
WHY IS THIS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com. Please forward your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.