Intermediate Software Developer
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an Intermediate Software Developer to our Software Development team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Director of Software Development, this role will help build a data platform for the harshest environments on planet Earth. An ideal candidate will be energized by prototyping and iterating to find elegant solutions to complex problems. At MineSense, you will go toe-to-toe with our engineers and have a tremendous impact on the success of the company.
- Full stack design.
- Assist with deployment of MineSense hardware and software systems, enabled by proprietary algorithms.
- Develop solutions to complex edge cases, while producing high-quality code.
- Develop superior testing platforms to ensure we ship reliable software that does not compromise the reliability of our data pipeline.
- Development and maintenance of software, enabling our on-prem and cloud software applications.
- Continuous improvement of MineSense systems.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Comfortable in an agile software development environment using common workflow tools like Jira, Github, Jenkins etc.
- 3-5 years of experience with writing production software using object-oriented languages like C++ (preferred) and Python.
- Comfortable developing for a Linux based toolchain
- Proactive problem-solving approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Experience working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to