Intermediate Quality Assurance Analyst
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before. This provides the ability to better differentiate ore from waste to significantly improve decision making at the front end of the mining process. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of the mine operations.
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add an experienced Intermediate QA Analyst to our Quality team, you will be responsible for researching, defining, and following best practices when it comes to improving product quality. From test planning and test case creation to manual and automated testing, you will be able to work with varied engineering disciplines to ensure a stable and clean QA process is followed.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Improve quality assurance by implementing QA work procedures, best practices, and testing strategies.
- Responsible for preparing test automation solutions and designing automation frameworks.
- Work directly with the QA Team to ensure that guidelines and processes are being followed and are providing accurate estimates for all testing efforts.
- Review product requirements, design specifications, and acceptance criteria to build manual and when necessary automated test strategy.
- Develop automation strategy to support testing based on the technical analysis, complexity, and reusability.
- Develop test strategies, test plans & perform test execution based on requirements and design.
- Collaborate with teams to strategize & align long term solution for test automation.
- Work to create an environment where QA is part of the whole development cycle.
- Staying on top of new features and technologies that are incorporated into our product.
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for systems, and applications software.
- Evaluate, select, and formulate best usage of test automation tools and future alignment for different products and applications.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or a similar discipline is preferred.
- Prefer 5-8 years of experience in debugging and troubleshooting on Linux and Windows platforms with good knowledge of SDLC.
- Experience with test management and defect reporting tools.
- Experience with Python and Linux shell scripting or similar scripting languages.
- Must be experienced working with software running on hardware systems.
- Experience performing system, integration, load, and stress testing.
- Experience with both manual and automated testing under Linux and Windows, with strong knowledge of Linux systems.
- Experience troubleshooting systems and provide detailed analysis.
- Track record for taking ownership of functional areas of the product.
- You are comfortable estimating your work across multiple teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read and work from design and requirements documentation.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with strong time management skills – must be able to balance multiple priorities at once.
- Strong interpersonal skills interacting with multiple teams, tactfully reporting, debugging, and resolving issues.
- Take initiative to resolve problems, learn, and share knowledge with the rest of QA team.
- Must be proactive, be able to work independently and be able to manage workload and expectations.
Nice to haves:
- Background in systems networking and/or software development would be an asset.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.