Intermediate Engineer/Physicist (Focus on Optics)
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an Intermediate Physicist (focus on optics) to our Sensors team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Director, Sensors, this individual is responsible for providing support for product development projects, including improvement of current XRF sensing and new techniques. The candidate will work collaboratively with team members to research and conduct experiments to evaluate the feasibility of modern technologies to enhance our ShovelSense® systems.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “INTERMEDIATE PHYSICIST (FOCUS ON OPTICS)”.
- Design and conduct collaborative research in experimental and theoretical physics
- Carry out analysis of research data and prepare research reports
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists to develop, test, evaluate and analyze concepts and implement, trouble-shoot, calibrate and verify the solutions
- Development and integration of optical testing devices
- Test the final functionality of optical devices such as cameras, the quality of lenses and analyse the resulting images/data
- Preparation of relevant specifications and documents for production (working instructions, technological procedures, and others)
- Design of optimal processes considering safety, ergonomics, and applicable legislative standards
- Identify and quantify the shortcomings, limitations, and weaknesses of the current algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in optical sciences, physics, engineering physics, electrical engineering, electronics, automation technology, or in any related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience (or graduate degree), preferably with an optical background.
- Hands-on experience with spectroscopic instrumentation, optoelectronic devices, imaging, or machine vision techniques
- Well experienced in handling optics and optical components
- Knowledge of remote sensing and/or machine learning is a plus.
- Experience with optical design and engineering software such as Zemax, OSLO, or FRED is a plus.
- Experience using data analysis tools or coding language (Python, R, or Matlab) for data acquisition and analysis.
- Testing, Validation & Development experience is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Proficient skills working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.