Intermediate Electrical Engineer (Control Panels Harness Specialist)
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an Intermediate Electrical Engineer Control Panels and Harness Specialist to support our product development and manufacturing team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this individual will work with cutting edge technologies and a dynamic team of engineers. An ideal candidate will be creative and innovative, with a drive to develop something the mining industry has never seen before.
- Design and specify controls system component and circuits.
- Design sub-system 2D schematics, 3D models and wiring harness drawings.
- Build or procure preliminary prototypes of systems panels and assemblies.
- Support and troubleshoot builds quality, manufacturing and assembly issues during prototype and production stages.
- Bench calibration and verification of sensors, actuators, and electronic components.
- Collaborate with vendors to source components and troubleshoot failures.
- Develop and perform validation tests at system and sub-system levels.
- Generate design documentation, schematics, harnesses, and bill of materials using Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and CAD tools.
- Develop production and rework procedures, instructions, and checklists.
- Write and document the control system narrative.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics, Controls System Engineering or related field.
- Registered P.Eng / EIT or eligible for registration with Engineers & Geoscientists BC -EGBC.
- Minimum 4+ years’ work experience as an Electrical or Controls Engineer.
- Hands on prototyping/design experience and troubleshooting control panels.
- Must be able to travel up 20% to the customer’s work site and follow all site procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Nice to Haves:
- High level system understanding or design experience.
- Knowledge of automotive and mobile equipment power and controls systems.
- Experience building products for a harsh environment.
- EPLAN experience.
- Familiarity with IEC PLC programs.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.