Intermediate Data Scientist
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability, and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an Intermediate Data Scientist to our Data team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Team Lead, Data Science, the Intermediate Data Scientist is responsible for developing models for sensor data to predict mineral properties, developing anomaly detection and quality assurance algorithms, and supporting the data analyses of a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers. The ideal candidate will have experience with the full model development process from conception to eventual release in a product, including the creation and management of requirements from stakeholders.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “INTERMEDIATE DATA SCIENTIST”.
- Develop and support machine learning models and workflows to predict material properties using data from multiple sensors (e.g. X-ray fluorescence spectrometers, laser distance sensors, multi-spectral imaging sensors).
- Apply advanced methods in machine vision to predict mineral properties using imaging sensors.
- Work closely with scientists, engineers, and management to develop analytical products and support decision making by performing statistical analyses, creating training materials, and building datasets.
- Develop data analysis tools and materials to accelerate and improve common data analysis and data processing tasks.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- Graduate (Masters or PhD.) degree, or bachelor’s degree with 2 years' additional experience in Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or another highly quantitative field.
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in data science or machine learning engineer roles.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles, and methods underlying machine learning and machine vision.
- Experience with methods in machine learning, machine vision, and statistical analysis, including but not limited to: deep learning, frequentist and Bayesian generalized linear models, non-parametric regression, robust regression, ensemble methods, resampling methods, optimization, clustering analysis, mathematical modelling, and survival analysis.
- Proficiency in processing, interpreting, and analyzing large and complex datasets composed of multiple data sources.
- Proficiency in writing high quality code for data analysis and data wrangling in scientific programming languages including at least two of: Python, R, SQL, or Julia.
- Proficiency in common machine learning and data visualization packages (e.g. Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow, Pytorch, OpenCV, Matplotlib).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Linux, Docker, and Git.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to create clear and compelling materials and presentations, and to interact confidently with all levels both internally and externally.
- Ability to collaborate, coordinate, and communicate in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience working with geostatistical data is preferred but not required.
- Highly creative individual with excellent analytical abilities.
- Experience working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.