Health and Safety Officer
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add a Health and Safety Officer to our Operations team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Manager, Vancouver Operations, this role is responsible for ensuring the Company maintains a superior safety standard, while leading safety initiatives and educating employees. An ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER”.
- Lead all Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee (“JOHSC”) meetings, develop plans to action required adjustments and communicate the completion of action items.
- Assists Company leadership with developing health & safety budgets. Identifies and forecasts future equipment and resource needs.
- Reports monthly health & safety KPI’s to company management and the JOHSC.
- Manages injury claims, medical aids, lost time, modified duties, and instigate early return to work programs.
- Responsive to employee safety concerns. Builds action plans to address these concerns.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of safety standards. Ensures the Company is legally compliant in all required safety areas.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Health & Safety with applicable OH&S certificates is strongly preferred.
- Excellent understandings of the BC OHS Regulations.
- Experience with the “Certificate of Recognition” (COR) and an Internal Auditor designation from the BCCSA would be an asset.
- Experience delivering educational safety programs and disseminating information to the company.
- Experience leading incident investigations, including documentation and implementation of corrective actions.
- Experience in preparing Health and Safety budgets is an asset.
- Strong verbal, coaching, interpersonal and written communication skills are essential.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Office, and H&S applications online.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.