Geologist / Grade Control Engineer / Geostatistician
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before. This provides the ability to better differentiate ore from waste to significantly improve decision making at the front end of the mining process. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of the mine operations.
We are looking to add an experienced geologist or geophysicist with a passion for data analysis to join our Technical Services team. The ideal candidate will have hands-on grade control experience and both a strong interest and proven knack for detailed data analysis and statistics. You will work with our clients to incorporate MineSense solutions into their ore control processes, and also work closely with our Data Science team to develop and monitor grade control algorithms. If you enjoy working with data and have a mining, geology or geophysics background, we want to hear from you!
THE ROLE will include (but not be limited) to the following:
• Helping new and existing clients leverage MineSensing technology in their grade control engineering processes, which includes authoring client facing reports and presentations.
• As the domain subject matter expert, working with data scientists, geophysicists, and product engineers to develop algorithms and further enhance our products and services.
• Analyzing ore control models and sensor data, performing QAQC checks, and identifying patterns, trends or other data features relating to grade, texture, mineralogy or lithology.
• Analyzing the quality of data produced by our systems and working with the Product Development team to continuously improve our sensing solutions.
• Determining system model/algorithm accuracy and precision compared to sampled assays and/or mine production models, and reporting results to internal teams as well as external clients.
• Working closely with the data team to create queries, scripts, and reports while ensuring data is well organized and maintained.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Earth Sciences (Geology, Geophysics), Geomatics, Geostatistics, Data Analytics or related field.
• 3+ years’ work experience performing statistical analysis and/or data science in a professional work setting.
• Hands-on experience at a mine in an ore/grade control role developing or working with ore control models preferred or in-depth knowledge of these processes as a minimum requirement.
• Experience with data analysis tools such as python, SQL or other statistical packages.
• Experience and passion for solving analytical problems involving diverse data sets using quantitative approaches to generate insights.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Spanish language skills a definite asset given our work in South America.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense is at the cutting edge of combining geoscience and data science to solve key issues facing the mining industry today. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial controls, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, and so you will be deeply immersed in leveraging the latest technology and machine learning approaches within a mine setting, and will develop a highly valuable skillset as a result.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those that are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.