Geoscience – Geologist/Geophysicist/Mining Engineer
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to deliver critical information to mining companies that has never been available before. This provides them with the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mine face, improving decision accuracy at the front end of the mining process, with major economic and environmental flow on benefits across the mining value chain. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology dramatically boosts mine profitability and significantly benefits sustainability, thanks to more accurate processing decisions that directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
We are looking to add a geologist, geophysicist or mining engineer with a passion for data analysis to our GeoScience team. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in detailed data analysis and statistics. In-mine grade control experience is preferred, but not essential. You will work with our Canadian and international clients to incorporate MineSense solutions into their ore control processes and show them the value our system can bring at their site. You will interact with our Data Science team to develop and monitor grade control algorithms, and you will collaborate with our Field Services and Product Development teams to improve the performance of our system. If you enjoy working with data, collaborating with multidisciplinary groups, and have a mining, geology or geophysics background, we want to hear from you!
THE ROLE will include (but not be limited) to the following:
- Helping new and existing clients leverage MineSense technology in their grade control engineering processes, which includes authoring client facing reports and presentations
- Working with the Geo- and DataScience teams to develop ore grade prediction models by correlating mine grade measurements or estimates with our sensor results to identify patterns, trends or other data features that relate to grade, texture, mineralogy, or lithology
- Working with the Product Development team to further enhance our products and services through system data analysis and data QAQC
- Determining and tracking data model accuracy and precision through comparison with sampled assay grades or grade estimates, and reporting results to internal teams, as well as external clients
- Working closely with the Data team to create queries, scripts, and reports while ensuring data is well organized and maintained
- Uncovering the Value and Use Cases MineSense systems offer to clients
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with our clients
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Earth Sciences (Geology, Geophysics), Geostatistics, Data Analytics, Mining Engineering or related field
- Work experience performing statistical analysis and/or Data Science in a professional work setting preferred, but not essential
- Hands-on experience at a mine in grade control or working with ore control models preferred, but not required
- Experience with data analysis tools such as python or other statistical packages
- Experience with SQL is beneficial, but not required
- Experience and passion for solving analytical problems involving diverse data sets using quantitative approaches to generate insights
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and an interest in problem solving
- Spanish language skills a definite asset given our work in South America
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense is at the cutting edge of combining GeoScience and Data Science to solve key issues facing the mining industry today. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial controls, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You will be deeply immersed in leveraging the latest technology and machine learning approaches within a mine setting, and will develop a highly valuable skillset as a result.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those that are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.