Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to a critical problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology increases production and reduces costs to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are searching for a FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS MANAGER to join our team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will lead the budgeting and forecasting process, develop exceptional management reporting materials, and provide expert analysis and insight into the business to help the leadership team make optimal tactical and strategic decisions.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Leading and executing the consolidated budget process and rolling forecast updates
- Taking ownership of the monthly management reporting process, developing and refining high quality materials, and highlighting key areas of focus
- Developing a deep understanding of the profitability drivers of different business scenarios and customer contract structures
- Engaging with team leaders across all areas of the business, in Canada and internationally, to obtain information, understand key business variables and improve performance
- Preparing ad hoc analysis and materials for the executive team, investors, regulators, lenders and the board of directors
- Assist with scenario planning and dynamic financial modelling
- A willingness to take responsibility and get involved in other areas as necessary in a lean and efficient team
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CPA or other professional accounting designation (CFA / MBA may be considered)
- 5+ years of progressive experience in FP&A
- Must be highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in dynamic, high-growth environments, preferably in the technology and/or mining industries
- Experience developing dynamic Excel-based models
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is an advantage
Why is this a good opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com. Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
No Agencies please.