FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (Peru)
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before. This provides the ability to better differentiate ore from waste to significantly improve decision making at the front end of the mining process. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of the mine operations.
We are looking for a Field Services Engineer to join our team in Peru! The ideal candidate will have a solid mining background with cross-functional skills and an interest in technology. Fluency in English AND Spanish and ability, even desire, to travel is a must. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, action-oriented, collaborative and value-based culture. They are a natural leader, a self-starter with a passion to make a difference. Demonstrated ability to work independently while also participating as a core team member will be critical to success in the role. This position would be in support of our product on the Antamina mine.
• Manage the delivery and installation of pilot and production scale ore telemetry and upgrading products in the field
• Install, commission and support MineSense’s developing range of mineral telemetry products, particularly the ShovelSense product. Installation will require a combination of electrical, mechanical, control and instrumentation capability
• Identify opportunities for product improvement and new product features
• Work cross-functionally with internal departments to ensure seamless delivery of products and features within the lifecycle of existing products
• Work closely with product development as well as customers to ensure best of breed usability, product performance and market-leading product functionality
• Perform other activities as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s in Mining, Earth Sciences, or equivalent technical qualification is preferred, although strong candidates with Mechatronics, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering will also be considered.
• Experience with installation of instrumentation, automation and control equipment in a process or mining environment would be an advantage.
• Fluency in English AND Spanish, particularly technical aspects, a must. Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
• Strong work ethic, coupled with a sense of urgency and ability to get things done in an emerging, high-growth company
• At least 2 years in mining technology (or related sector)
• Smart, creative, conscientious, and enthusiastic persona with strong problem solving skills
• Enjoy fast-paced, energetic environment. Entrepreneurial, and results oriented
• Team player with a customer-focused attitude
• Highly organized and ability to multi-task
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision
• Based in Peru but travel to Vancouver (and elsewhere) will be required.
*** Please note the candidate may be expected to travel and work in other areas in Peru as well as internationally.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com. Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter in ENGLISH to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Field Service Engineer, Peru” in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those are qualified and eligible to accept employment in Peru WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.