Field Service Support Technician - Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add a Field Service Support Technician to our Field Services team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Team Lead, Field Services Support, this role is responsible for assisting our 24/7 remote support team. An ideal candidate will have a passion for technology in mining/ore sorting and a strong desire to participate in the client adoption of MineSense’ innovative systems. This role operates on a rotating schedule: 7 days on, 7 days off, alternating day and night shifts starting 8:00AM and 8:00PM, respectively.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “FIELD SERVICE SUPPORT TECHNICIAN”.
- Monitor the status of our remote field systems while working from our Vancouver office.
- Verify data to determine the condition of commercial systems during real time operation.
- Prioritize customer satisfaction and system availability.
- Correct and report client/internal issues as required.
- Assist with procedure development for monitoring field systems.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred for this position.
- Experience working on a mine site is an asset for this position.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer-focused attitude and approach.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.