Field Service Support Technician – Vancouver
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to a critical problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology increases production and reduces costs to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
Our Field Services Team is hiring a Support Desk Monitor to contribute to our 24/7 remote support team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology in mining and for ore sorting and a strong desire to observe and participate in the early adoption of this technology. They will work as part of a multidisciplinary team and interact with people at all levels of the local organization. They will be customer facing and will be required to interact with the clients’ staff.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Monitor our systems remotely from our Vancouver office.
- Check and manipulate data to determine the condition of commercial systems during real time operation.
- Prioritize customer satisfaction and system availability.
- Correct and report issues internally as required.
- Interact with the client to check, correct or to report issues as required.
- Develop procedures for monitoring these systems.
- Shift rotations 7 days on, 7 days off, alternating day and night shifts starting 8:00AM and 8:00PM, respectively.
Relevant skills & experience:
- Mine site experience would be advantageous.
- A passion for technology implementation.
- Strong organizational skills and a sense of urgency and ability to get things done.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Creative, and enthusiastic persona with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
NOTE: this position will require shift work as well as the ability to work unsupervised.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses pioneering software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies integration in each of our data products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title “Field Service Support Technician” in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those are qualified and eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.