Field Service Engineer – Vancouver
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies is commercializing an innovative solution to a critical problem faced by the mining industry, which is how to optimize the separation of waste from ore. The company’s proprietary technology will seamlessly integrate with existing mine equipment and offers greater flexibility, accuracy, and efficiency for its target industry. Our technology increases production and reduces costs to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit, as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, the company needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and accomplished professionals who are excited by a common vision of changing the status-quo, we may be the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
The Company is looking for a Field Service Engineer to compliment the Vancouver office. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology in mining and for ore sorting. From an open pit mining background, he or she will have experience in production and reliability of mining equipment. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary environmental.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Support our new product remotely, in our head office and in the field.
- Communicate with customers (at all levels) from first contact to commercial completion and aftermarket service.
- Plan, arrange, manage and execute field installations, maintenance and repairs.
- Assist MineSense engineers to improve the product by communicating the products problems/issues with engineers.
- Work with mine technical staff to collect and compile the required data to calibrate our systems.
Relevant skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or diploma in Mining Engineering or Earth Sciences.
- Must have 2+ years on site mining experience.
- 2+ years product support/ field service experience is highly desirable.
- A strong focus on safety.
- Strong organizational skills and a sense of urgency and ability to get things done.
- Creative, and enthusiastic persona with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- 10% local and international travel can be expected.
Why is this a good opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com. Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.