Field Service Engineer – Interior, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste rock at both the mining face and on conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, they empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
In order to scale and fuel our commercialization strategy, we are growing our team to add a FIELD SERVICES ENGINEER (interior based) to our team.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Field Service Deployments, the ideal candidate will have a passion for technology in mining and for ore sorting. From a mining background, he or she will have cross-functional skills to apply to installation, commissioning and support of process instrumentation and electromechanical actuation systems. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary environmental.
The ideal candidate will have the experience to be able to work without formal process and be able to formalize/document procedures in our new and fast-growing industry. He or she will enjoy working in an action-oriented, collaborative and value-based culture. He or she is a natural leader, a self-starter with a passion to make a difference.
- Independently conducting pilot and trial testing.
- Support our new product in the field
- Communicate with customers (at all levels) from first contact to commercial completion and aftermarket service.
- Plan, arrange, manage and execute field installations, maintenance and repairs.
- Recommend, educate and negotiate product features needed to meet expected yield
- Assist MineSense engineers to improve the product by communicating the products problems/issues with engineers.
- Work with mine technical staff to collect and compile the required data to calibrate our systems.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's and/or diploma in Mining Engineering or Earth Sciences.
- MUST HAVE 2+ years on site mining experience.
- 2+ years product support/ field service experience is highly desirable
- A strong focus on safety
- Strong documentation & organizational skills to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment; a sense of urgency and ability to get things done
- Creative, and enthusiastic persona with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
WHY IS THIS A GOOD OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
MineSense is the only players in this industry which will permanently change the mining industry. Excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this industry
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com.Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title “Field Service – interior BC” in your email.
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.