Field Service Engineer (BC)
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before. This provides the ability to better differentiate ore from waste to significantly improve decision making at the front end of the mining process. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of the mine operations.
In order to scale and fuel our commercialization strategy, we are growing our team to add a FIELD SERVICES ENGINEER to service BC.
Based in Central BC, ideally Kamloops and reporting to the VP Field Services, the ideal candidate will have a passion for technology in mining and for ore sorting. From an open pit mining background, he or she will have experience in production and reliability of mining equipment. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary environmental.
The ideal candidate will have the experience to be able to work without formal process and be able to formalize/document procedures in our new and fast-growing industry. He or she will enjoy working in an action-oriented, collaborative and value-based culture. He or she is a natural leader, a self-starter with a passion to make a difference.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Support our new product in the field.
- Communicate with customers (at all levels) from first contact to commercial completion and aftermarket service.
- Plan, arrange, manage and execute field installations, maintenance and repairs.
- Assist MineSense engineers to improve the product by communicating the products problems/issues with engineers.
- Work with mine technical staff to collect and compile the required data to calibrate our systems.
Relevant skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or diploma in Mining Engineering or Earth Sciences.
- Must have 2+ years on site mining experience.
- 2+ years product support/ field service experience is highly desirable.
- A strong focus on safety.
- Strong organizational skills and a sense of urgency and ability to get things done.
- Creative, and enthusiastic persona with strong problem-solving skills.
- Team player with a customer-focused attitude.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense is the only players in this industry which will permanently change the mining industry. Excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this industry
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com.
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.