Engineering Technologist – Supplier Quality Assurance
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an Engineering Technologist – Supplier Quality Assurance (QA) to our Operations team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Manager, Manufacturing, this role is responsible for the management of supplier materials and working with suppliers to identify root causes of any quality failures. The successful candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions to complex tasks.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email the title of the position you are applying for.
- Develop and continuously support supplier quality reports & reviews for designated suppliers.
- Address all non-conformance issues and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives with suppliers, drives overall quality and delivery performance.
- Process supplier certificates ensuring that the correct certificates are delivered with the product.
- Root cause analysis to review and report any supplier non-conformances, ensuring that corrective action is taken, suppliers are notified, and actions recorded in our Minesense system.
- Timely escalation of any potential quality issues to the Quality & Supply Chain teams, ensuring that effective countermeasures can be jointly agreed and implemented.
- Support the quality team to reduce the costs quality failures throughout the supply chain.
- Support the supply chain team to ensure that costs are minimalized and recovered in the event of quality non-conformance.
- Support internal meetings and stakeholders with project reviews that incorporate quality requirements.
- Support supplier audits to ensure that we build a reputable, first-class supply chain that is aligned with our business and quality expectations moving forward.
- Maintain and develop quality procedures and work instructions.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- Technician or technologist diploma in mechanical, electrical or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in product development, manufacturing or related environment.
- Proven experience with a quality oriented role or duties, where supplier quality review is a strong asset.
- Experience with using core quality tools.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical part and assembly drawings.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and systems.
- Proficient in using a PC for running tests, reporting and recording results.
- Ability to use SolidWorks or related CAD software is an asset.
- Experience with PLC programming, test design and instrumenting test objects is an asset.
- Ability to use environment chambers and associated data acquisition systems is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in English, knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Experience working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.