Engineering Technologist, Product Development Support- Operations - Vancouver, BC
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected, and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced Engineering Technologist, Product Development Support to our Operations team in Vancouver. Reporting to the Manager, Vancouver Operations, the individual is responsible for performing the production task and training the team on new products. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter that strives to achieve an efficient production workflow, with a continuous improvement mindset.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “Engineering Technologist, Product Development Support – Operations”.
- Training production team on new products.
- Perform production tasks in a safe and effective manner.
- Collaborate with other production teams and departments to identify and implement process.
- Improvements to increase production efficiency and quality.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by following safety standards and procedures.
- Assemble products & prototypes using hand tools.
- Carry out end-of-line testing on products as well as development testing on prototypes.
- Modify and/or fabricate mechanical parts and electrical harnesses.
- Specify and procure tools and instrumentation as required.
- Contribute to product design and manufacturability improvements.
- Identify new production requirements and inform the Operations team before product releases.
- Interpret schematics, drawings, and specifications during builds.
- Provide DFMA and general feedback to design teams during the assembly process of new products.
- Work with the Operations Team by providing and following technical instructions.
- Perform, document, and report on testing activities.
- Technologist diploma in mechanical, electrical, mechatronics or relevant discipline and/or a minimum of 3 years of related experience in a product development, manufacturing, or servicing environment.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical assembly capability (i.e. basic hand tools and multimeters).
- Hands-on fabrication and maintenance capability.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical part and assembly drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and systems.
- Proficient in using a PC for running tests, reporting, and recording results.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with production technicians, management, and other departments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask, meet demanding deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions quickly.
- Able to operate a sit-down counterbalanced forklift (forklift training will be provided).
- Able to lift heavy objects up to 30-40 lbs from time to time.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.