Engineering Technologist (2nd Shift)
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST to our Operations team in Vancouver, BC. This role will work on our AFTERNOON SHIFT (3:00p.m. – 11:00p.m. Monday to Friday). Reporting to the Team Lead, Engineering Technologists, the Engineering Technologist will interpret schematics & specifications, and assist engineers with creation and testing of products. An ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented self-starter that enjoys developing innovative solutions.
- Assemble products & prototypes using hand tools.
- Carry out end of line testing on products as well as development testing on prototypes.
- Modify and/or fabricate mechanical parts and electrical harnesses.
- Establish work control systems to ensure standards of performance, quality, cost and safety are met.
- Specify and procure tools and instrumentation as required.
- Contribute to product design and manufacturability improvements.
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- A Technologist Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a product development, or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical assembly capability (i.e. basic hand tools and multimeters).
- Hands on fabrication and maintenance capability.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical part and assembly drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and systems.
- Proficient in using a PC for running tests, reports and recording results.
- Experience with PLC programming or other programming/scripting languages is an asset.
- Experience designing tests, instrumenting test objects, and executing tests is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
- Able to occasionally lift heavy objects up to 30-40 pounds.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.