Engineering Technologist – Quality Assurance (2nd Shift)
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an experienced Engineering Technologist – Quality Assurance to our Operations team in Vancouver, BC. This role will work on our 2nd shift: 3:00pm until 11:00pm and report to the Manager, Manufacturing. This role will support the commissioning of our systems and serve as a liaison with Engineering for root cause analysis and hardware failures. An ideal candidate will be a self-starter that strives to achieve an efficient production workflow, with a continuous improvement mindset.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGIST - QA”.
- Assemble products & prototypes using hand tools.
- Carry out end of line testing on products as well as development testing on prototypes.
- Contribute to product design and manufacturability improvements.
- Establish work control systems to ensure standards of performance, quality, cost and safety are met.
- Modify and/or fabricate mechanical parts and electrical harnesses.
- Specify and procure tools and instrumentation as required.
- Modify and/or create testing procedures to ensure that quality standards are being met.
- Maintain and develop quality procedures and work instructions.
- Assist with problem solving – root cause analysis – corrective actions.
- Conduct regular inspection tests on equipment/s and materials to verify that everything is functioning properly and efficiently.
- Technologist Diploma in mechanical, electrical, mechatronics or related discipline and/or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in product development, manufacturing, or servicing.
- Mechanical and electrical assembly capability (i.e. basic hand tools and multimeters).
- Ability to read and understand mechanical part and assembly drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and systems.
- Proficient in using a PC for running tests, reporting and recording results.
- Experience in quality control systems.
- Ability to use a vertical milling machine and weld using the SMAW process is an asset.
- Experience with PLC programming or software programming/scripting languages is an asset.
- Ability /experience soldering and board level re-work on ESD sensitive devices is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to lift heavy objects up to 30-40 lbs from time to time.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.