Engineering Technician (2nd Shift)
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability, sustainability and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an Engineering Technician (2nd Shift) to our Operations Team in Vancouver, BC. This role will be working on the afternoon shift (3:00pm – 11:00pm Mon – Fri). Reporting to the Manager, Vancouver Operations, this individual is responsible for assisting our Technologists and Engineers to ensure smooth production runs. An ideal candidate will be a detail oriented self-starter that enjoys learning innovative hands-on solutions.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “Engineering Technician (2nd Shift)”.
- Assemble products & prototypes using hand tools.
- Carry out end of line testing on products as well as development testing on prototypes.
- Modify and/or fabricate mechanical parts and electrical harnesses.
- Establish control systems to ensure performance, quality, cost and safety standards are met.
- Specify and procure tools and instrumentation as required.
- Contribute to product design and manufacturability improvements
- Additional duties as occasionally required by your manager.
- Technician certificate in mechanical, electrical, mechatronics or relevant discipline.
- 0-1 year of related experience in a product development, manufacturing, or servicing environment.
- Mechanical and electrical assembly capability (i.e. basic hand tools and multimeters).
- Hands on fabrication and maintenance capability.
- Learns to read and understand mechanical part and assembly drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and systems.
- Proficient in using a PC for running tests, reports and recording results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
- Able to operate a sit-down counterbalanced forklift (forklift training will be provided).
- Able to lift heavy objects up to 30-40 lbs from time to time.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your Next Great Opportunity:
You are guaranteed to work with new technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise. We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.