Intermediate Engineer/Physicist (Focus on Electronics)
We’re passionate about our technology and we’re gathering momentum…
MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste at the mining face and conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, and empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
To help scale and fuel its commercialization strategy, MineSense needs people from diverse disciplines and backgrounds. If you are looking to spark your career and work with like-minded, respected and innovative professionals who are excited by a common vision to change the status-quo, we are the perfect environment for you. Please visit our website at www.minesense.com to learn more about our team!
We are looking to add an Intermediate Engineer/Physicist (Electronics) to our Sensors team in Vancouver, BC. Reporting to the Director, Sensors, this individual is responsible for providing support for product development projects including improvement of current XRF sensing and new techniques. The candidate will work collaboratively with team members to research and conduct experiments to evaluate the feasibility of modern technologies to enhance our ShovelSense® systems.
An ideal candidate would have practical experience with electronics (board layout, DC circuit knowledge, wiring components without causing damage) and have a good understanding of physics, in particular X-ray/gamma-ray physics.
Previous experience with high-voltage equipment and/or x-ray equipment (experimentation or industrial use) is advantageous. The candidate should be able to work with data using data analysis software such as Python and various libraries, as well as be able to quickly put together reports summarizing experiments and their results.
How to Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. We are also happy to review your cover letter if you wish to include one.
Please make the subject line of your application email “Intermediate Engineer/Physicist (Electronics)”.
- Design and conduct collaborative research in experimental and theoretical physics.
- Carry out analysis of research data and prepare research reports.
- Participate in a team in the design and development of experimental and industrial equipment, instrumentation, and procedures.
- Work with several types of X-ray equipment and analyze various materials (ore, metal plates, scattering media) using X-ray fluorescence.
- Preparation of relevant specifications and documents for production (working instructions, technological procedures, and others).
- Design optimal processes considering safety, ergonomics, and applicable legislative standards.
- Identify and quantify the shortcomings, limitations, and weaknesses of the current algorithms.
- Participate in design, construction, inspection, and maintenance of test equipment following electrical and x-ray safety standards.
- Perform tests, analyze results, and investigate failures of components.
- Bachelor's degree in optical sciences, physics, engineering physics, electrical engineering, electronics, automation technology, or a related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience (or graduate degree), in a product development or application engineering role.
- Experience using electrical test equipment (multimeter, oscilloscope, function generator).
- Experience interpreting and creating electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and drawings.
- Experience with electrical circuit design, circuit simulation (SPICE), and circuit board layout.
- Hands-on experience in soldering and circuit board rework is a plus.
- Experience with data analysis tools or coding language (Python, R or Matlab) for data acquisition and analysis. Basic knowledge of coding in C/ C++.
- Testing, Validation & Development experience is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams.
- Proficient skills working in Microsoft 365.
- Health & Safety conscious individual.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
Why MineSense is your next great opportunity:
We use the latest software, hardware, industrial, controls and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products. You are guaranteed to work with modern technologies that expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.
We are committed to providing a safe working environment for our employees, our customers and members of the public with whom we interact with regularly. Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work at MineSense and enter a MineSense office. Individuals that cannot be fully vaccinated due to a medical reason or another protected ground under Human Rights legislation may request an accommodation. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.