Engineering Technologist – Quality Assurance
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before. This provides the ability to better differentiate ore from waste to significantly improve decision making at the front end of the mining process. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of the mine operations.
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add an experienced Engineering Technologist – Quality Assurance to our Operations team. The ideal candidate will be responsible to support the commissioning of our systems. They will serve as a liaison with Engineering for root cause analysis and hardware failures before it gets on the refurbishment process with minimum disturbance for the production workflow while not losing the details needed for continuous improvement.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Assemble products & prototypes using hand tools.
- Carry out end of line testing on products as well as development testing on prototypes.
- Contribute to product design and manufacturability improvements.
- Establish work control systems to ensure standards of performance, quality, cost and safety are met.
- Modify and/or fabricate mechanical parts and electrical harnesses.
- Specify and procure tools and instrumentation as required.
- Modify and/or create testing procedures to ensure that quality standards are being met.
- Maintain and develop quality procedures and work instructions.
- Assist with problem solving – root cause analysis – corrective actions.
- Conduct regular inspection tests on equipment/s and materials to verify that everything is functioning properly and efficiently.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Technologist diploma in mechanical, electrical, mechatronics or relevant discipline and/or a minimum of 3 years of related experience in a product development, manufacturing, or servicing environment.
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical assembly capability (i.e. basic hand tools and multimeters)
- Hands on fabrication and maintenance capability.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical part and assembly drawings, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and systems.
- Proficient in using a PC for running tests, reporting and recording results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Must be able to work with demanding deadlines and changing priorities.
- Able to operate a sit-down counterbalanced forklift (forklift training will be provided).
- Able to lift heavy objects up to 30-40 lbs from time to time.
Nice to have’s :
- Experience in quality control systems.
- Ability to use a vertical milling machine and weld using the SMAW process.
- Experience with SolidWorks or other industry-recognized computer assisted design/drafting software.
- Experience with PLC programming or other software programming or scripting languages.
- Ability /experience soldering and board level re-work on ESD sensitive devices.
- Experience with embedded devices; configuration and testing.
- Able to use data acquisition systems and environment chambers.
- Experience designing tests, instrumenting test objects, and executing tests.
- Familiarity in the field of mining would be beneficial
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.