MineSense Technologies Ltd. is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We have developed an advanced sensing technology that provides mines with ability to optimize the separation of waste from ore. Our differentiated solution is used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, to empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
We are looking to add an experienced Electrical/Electronics Engineer to support to our product development and manufacturing team. You can expect to work with cutting edge technologies and with a dynamic team of engineers to develop something that has never been done before. We embrace innovative and creative solutions to complex problems.
• Control System/PCB Hardware Design
o Design and specify the controls system component and circuits.
o Build or procure preliminary prototypes of control systems and printed circuit boards.
o Bench calibration and verification of sensors and system sub-assemblies.
o Collaborate with vendors to source components and troubleshoot failures.
• Control Systems/Embedded Software Programming
o Write microcontrollers firmware code or design using Simulink/LabVIEW
o Write IEC standard PLC programs
• Communication Systems and Architecture
o Design and specify the system communication architecture
o Configure the system network devices. (i.e. access points, switches, modems and remote IO’s).
o Configure ethernet networking for industrial communication protocols (i.e. Modbus, OPC, EthernetIP).
• Lab Testing and Commissioning:
o Develop test procedures and verify prototypes
o Perform system integration with software and hardware and final system commissioning.
o Lead / collaborate system root cause and failure analysis using industry standard process and best practices.
• Field Work:
o Remotely support the start-up and commissioning, as well as, occasional travel to site for product support
o Generate design documentation, schematics, harnesses and bill of materials using Enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and EPLAN.
o Develop production procedures and instructions and testing standards.
o Write / document the control system narrative.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Electronics or Controls system engineering
• Minimum 7 years’ experience as an electrical or electronics engineer.
• Industrial or automotive digital and analog electronics design experience is an asset.
• Hands on experience designing and troubleshooting control panels and printed circuit board design (PCB).
• Hands on experience with PLC or embedded system programming
• Hands on experience on Ethernet networking and industrial communication protocols (i.e. Modbus, OPC, EthernetIP).
• Must be able to travel up 20% to the customer’s work site and follow their site operation and safety procedures.
Nice to haves:
• High level system understanding or design experience.
• HMI design experience.
• Knowledge of the industrial security best practice will be a plus.
• Knowledge of automotive and mobile equipment power and controls system is a plus.
• Experience building products for a harsh environment
• EPLAN experience
• CodeSys is an asset.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.