FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER (based in interior BC)
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies and data analytics to provide mining companies the ability to better differentiate ore from waste rock at both the mining face and on conveyor belts. Our novel solutions are used not only to significantly boost mine profitability and sustainability, but more importantly, they empower mine operators to make processing decisions that directly reduce their environmental footprint.
In order to scale and fuel our commercialization strategy, we are growing our team to add a FIELD SERVICES ENGINEER to the Highland Valley Copper Mine.
Reporting to the Manager, Field Services, the ideal candidate will have a passion for technology in mining and for ore sorting. From an open pit mining background, he or she will have experience in production and reliability of mining equipment. They will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary environmental.
The ideal candidate will have the experience to be able to work without formal process and be able to formalize/document procedures in our new and fast-growing industry. He or she will enjoy working in an action-oriented, collaborative and value-based culture. He or she is a natural leader, a self-starter with a passion to make a difference.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Support our new product in the field
• Communicate with customers (at all levels) from first contact to commercial completion and aftermarket service.
• Plan, arrange, manage and execute field installations, maintenance and repairs.
• Assist MineSense engineers to improve the product by communicating the products problems/issues with engineers.
• Work with mine technical staff to collect and compile the required data to calibrate our systems.
Relevant skills & experience:
• Bachelor’s and/or diploma in Mining Engineering or Earth Sciences.
• MUST HAVE 2+ years on site mining experience.
• 2+ years product support/ field service experience is highly desirable
• A strong focus on safety
• Strong organizational skills and a sense of urgency and ability to get things done
• Creative, and enthusiastic persona with strong problem-solving skills.
• Team player with a customer-focused attitude.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense is the only players in this industry which will permanently change the mining industry. Excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor of this industry.
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com.Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title “Field Service – interior BC” in your email.
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.