Electrical Controls Engineer
MineSense Technologies Ltd is revolutionizing the Mining industry. We combine advanced sensing technologies, machine learning and data analytics to provide mining companies critical information that has never been available before. This provides the ability to better differentiate ore from waste to significantly improve decision making at the front end of the mining process. Our novel solution is a critical element in creating the “Digital Mine”. Our technology creates new Revenue for the mine to dramatically boost mine profitability. There is also a significant sustainability benefit as these improved processing decisions directly reduce the environmental footprint of the mine operations.
As a result of our growth, we are looking to add an Electrical Controls Engineer to join our Field Support team.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Troubleshooting control system component and circuits on field systems.
- Analyzing sub-system wiring diagrams for power distribution, fuse load, grounding system layout and wire harness drawings.
- Preliminary prototyping of control systems panels and printed circuit boards.
- Supporting build quality, manufacturing and assembly issues during prototype and production stages.
- Bench calibration and commissioning of sensors, control devices and system assemblies.
- Collaboration with vendors to source components and troubleshoot failures.
- Generating design documentation, schematics, harnesses, and bill of materials using Enterprise resource planning (ERP).
- Developing production procedures, instructions, and testing standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Controls system engineering, registered P.Eng / EIT or eligible for registration with Engineers & Geoscientists BC.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an electrical or electronics control engineer.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting control panels, printed circuit boards, mobile heavy equipment, and automotive systems.
- Hands on experience with PLC or embedded system programming.
- Hands on experience on Ethernet networking and industrial communication protocols (i.e. Modbus, OPC, EthernetIP).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours with on call availability to support our 24-hour service desk.
- High-level system design experience.
- Knowledge of industrial security best practice.
- Knowledge of mining and mobile equipment power and controls systems.
- Experience building products for a harsh environment.
- IEC programming experience.
- Customer support experience.
Why is this a good Opportunity for You?
MineSense uses the latest software, hardware, industrial / control, and communication technologies in each of our sensor-rich products, so you are guaranteed to work with new technologies to expand your technical knowledge and expertise.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.minesense.com.
Please forward a copy of your resume and a cover letter to our Human Resources Department at email@example.com with the subject title of the position you are applying for in your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all candidates who apply, however, only those who are qualified and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered. No Agencies please.